General Assembly 2021
All members of the ISS/SIC are invited to the ISS/SIC General Assembly taking place virtually on September 1, 2021, at 16:00hrs CEST (Central European Summer Time) - live meeting.
Please note: to enter the ISS/SIC General Assembly you need to register when opening the registration link.
General Assembly 2019
The International Society of Surgery (ISS) / Société Internatioinale de Chirurgie (SIC) will hold the next General Assembly as follows:
14 August 2019, 12:15
ICE Krakow Congress Centre, Marii Konopnickiej 17, 30-302 Kraków, Poland
Agenda items were published in the latest Newsletter.
- Call to order and address by the President of ISS/SIC
- Report by the Secretary General
- Report by the General Treasurer
- World Journal of Surgery
- Report by the General Secretary of the ISS Foundation
- End of term and election of officer
- Handover of ISS/SIC Presidency
- Address of the new Society President
- Congress Vice Presidents WCS 2019
- WCS 2021 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Report
- WCS 2023 (consultative vote only)
Extraordinary General Assembly 24 October 2018
Thank you to all members, who attended the extraordinary General Assembly on 24 October 2018 in Boston, USA. The members approved the suggested changes to the Constitution and the Internal Rules.
Constitution & Internal Rules
In summary, there are three groups of changes:
- The structures of the Organisation have been renamed (some to their previous identity).
The “Board of Directors” becomes the “Executive Committee”
The “Executive Committee” comes “The Council of the Society”
The “Court of Honor” becomes more structured.
The “Collective Member Societies” become the “Integrated Societies”
The “Participating Societies” continue, but the structure is being broadened.
We have created a new partnership with other Prestigious Societies and Organisations, whose members may enjoy joint membership privileges.
We have recognised the contributions provided by Medical students, and physicians in training.
- The Academy of the Society is defined
- The biennial meeting will be known as “International Surgical Week – The World’s Congress of Surgery”
- Definitions have been changed to recognise the significant input we are now playing in the overall care of the surgical patient, to include Anaesthesiology, Critical Care, etc.