Who is eligible to apply?
*who have received academic training in, and who are, or have been, engaged as their main professional endeavor in a career involving a recognized field of surgery, anaesthesiology, or life science including the care of the critically ill, research or education.
**in active study at a School of Medicine, may join as members.
|Active Member (*High Income)||180 USD||High Income Countries|
|Active Member (*High Income) age 40 or below||90 USD||High Income Countries|
|Active Member (*High Income) student||45 USD||High Income Countries|
|Active Member (*Upper Middle Income)||120 USD||Upper Middle Income Countries|
|Active Member (*Upper Middle Income) age 40 or below||60 USD||Upper Middle Income Countries|
|Active Member (*Upper Middle Income) student||30 USD||Upper Middle Income Countries|
|Active Member (*Lower Middle Income)||80 USD||Lower Middle Income Countries|
|Active Member (*Lower Middle Income) age 40 or below||40 USD||Lower Middle Income Countries|
|Active Member (*Lower Middle Income) student||20 USD||Lower Middle Income Countries|
|Active Member (*Low Income)||40 USD||Low Income Countries|
|Active Member (*Low Income) age 40 or below||20 USD||Low Income Countries|
|Active Member (*Low Income) student||10 USD||Low Income Countries|
|Fee for each Integrated Society **||25 USD|
|Fee for National Chapters (Australia, France, Japan and USA only)||45 USD|
|World Journal of Surgery online access||FREE|
|World Journal of Surgery online access for Senior Members||50 USD|
|World Journal of Surgery print version||60 USD|
*Classification is set according to the World Bank - (find FULL country classification here)
**The payment of the first fee for an Integrated Society is an administrative fee and is non-refundable if the applicant would not be admitted.
Benefits - what's in it for you?
More than 3,000 medical professionals from across the globe have discovered the value of ISS/SIC membership as an essential investment in their future. ISS/SIC offers benefits that inspire, drive and connect us in the translation of science to andvance clinical practice and improve the lives of millions of people worldwide.
As member of the ISS/SIC, you will recieve:
Subscripton and exclusive benefits to the following publications:
- World Journal of Surgery (WJS) (print editions only available at extra charge
- Annals of Surgical Oncology
- Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
- International Journal of Colorectal Diseases
- Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Langenbeck’s Archives of Surgery
- Neurosurgical Review
- Pediatric Surgery International
- Surgery Today
- Surgical Endoscopy
Exclusive meeting benefits, including:
- Considerably discounts on registration fee for the World Congress of Surgery (WCS)
- Prioritized information on deadlines
- Prioritzed status for inclusion as abstract reviewer, moderator or speaker at WCS
Exclusive right to join as member an Integrated Society:
- IAES – International Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- IATSIC – International Association for Trauma Surgery and Intensive Care
- IASMEN – International Association for Surgical Metabolism and Nutrition
- BSI – Breast Surgery International
- ISDS – International Society for Digestive Surgery
- ASAP - Alliance for Surgery and Anesthesia Presence
Eligibility for and exclusive access to:
- ISS Fellowship (FISS)
- Hold elected and/or appointed offices
- Vote on Society matters and nominate and vote in Society elections
- National Chapter Activities
Don't know your password?
Your password was set by yourself. Please go to the following link to recover your password.